Hello There! Happy Friday everyone! I have recently read a book called 101 Words Every High School Graduate Needs to Know. Today I’ve picked a few of my favorites from the book as well as a few others to share with you.
- Banal– Common and Mundrane, lacking in originality.
- Anecdote-Personal stories, short, often amusing and about real people or incidents.
- Canard– A rumor or story that is false, but appears to be true.
- Innocuous– Not harmful or offensive.
- Omniscient– All-knowing, having knowledge of everything.
- Schadenfreude-The feeling of taking pleasure in someone else’s misfortune.
- Visage– One’s outward appearance, reference to form and proportions of the face.
- Zeal– An attitude of great enthusiasm or energy in pursuit of a purpose.
- Dysania– The state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning. (me,everyday)
- Ludic– Full of fun and high spirits.
I hope you have learned a new word today, and will use them to strenghten your writing and speech! Comment below which word was your favorite!